Choosing and using your scuba gear is part of the fun of diving. Black Belt Divers will help you find the right gear. Each piece of scuba equipment has a different function so that together, it adapts you to the underwater world.
When you start learning to scuba dive, as a minimum, you'll want your own:
These have a personal fit you to choose gear with the best fit and features for you.
During your PADI Open Water Diver course, you’ll learn to use a regulator, buoyancy control device (BCD), dive computer or dive planner, scuba tank, wetsuit or dry suit and weight system. All needed equipment is included in your PADI Open Water Diver course package. Consider investing in all your own scuba equipment when you start your course because:
- You’re more comfortable learning to scuba dive using gear you’ve chosen.
- You’re more comfortable using scuba gear fitted for you.
- Scuba divers who own their scuba diving equipment find it more convenient to go diving.
- Having your own scuba diving gear is part of the fun of diving.
The kind of gear you’ll need depends on the conditions where you dive most. You may want:
- Tropical scuba gear
- Temperate scuba equipment
- Cold water scuba diving equipment
- Technical diving scuba equipment